Friday, August 23, 2013

23 August 2013: A Promising Sign

The picture isn't very clear, but that little sign in the window of the former Aqua Bar at the corner of Sheridan and Pratt is a welcome sight. I've never understood why this location has had such a troubled history: Despite the fact that it's a beautiful space in a busy location less than a block from the beach, this will be the fourth restaurant to try its luck here in the past twelve years. Let's all hope that things will work out much better for the new owner and that Twisted Tapas will become a neighborhood favorite for many years to come. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Based on this location's troubled history, I am a little doubtful of this new restaurant's success. Like you, I can't understand the reason why restaurants don't succeed here, except that maybe they need to be more aggressive in their self-promotion. I hope this restaurant succeeds, though. It would be a nice place to check out when I next visit my hometown.