Friday, October 19, 2012

19 October 2012, Day 136

Random Acts of Oddness
Finding something interesting for the photo du jour has become a bit of a challenge in the past few weeks. My days have been following a fairly predictable pattern that doesn't offer much that is new or different. And, as much as i love my dog, my cat, and autumn leaves, well ... you know ... eventually you want something new to look at.

I was not at my best today: sleep-deprived to the point that i could barely convince myself to breathe, overwhelmed by how much work i still had to do and how far behind i was on everything. At home, an empty refrigerator and full laundry hamper were waiting for me. Needless to say, i was not feeling very inspired. I took a few half-hearted pictures of leaves and things, and resigned myself to this not being a banner day in the life of Ms. Demeanor. 

Then suddenly, magically, there it was: a balloon animal in the path of a cherry-picker. What??? It made no sense, but it made my day.





No comments: